SHW2019 Social Competition Terms & Conditions
Want to win a smart home package worth over £1,000, by answering a simple question? We’re To be in with a chance, check out the full terms and conditions before entering.
Terms & Conditions of entry for the Smart Home Week competition.
1. Promoter: Smart Home Week on behalf of Edson Evers, 120 The Hollies, Stafford, ST161ET
2. By taking part in this promotion, an entrant is agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. If an entrant does not agree with any part of these terms and conditions, they should not enter this promotion.
3. The promotion will run from 12am (GMT) on 21/05/2019 until 5pm (GMT) on 26/05/19 (“promotion closing date”) (the “promotion period”) and is open to UK and Ireland residents over the age of 18. The winner will be selected and announced no later than 5pm (GMT) on 31/05/19.
4. This promotion is part of Smart Home Week’s wider campaign, intended to highlight the benefits of using smart technology.
5. In order to enter, users will need to answer a simple question on the SHW social media channels.
6. The entry must be uploaded during the promotion period to be eligible to win.
7. The promotion is open to employees and suppliers of the promoter and anyone else connected with this promotion. If an entrant who is an employee, supplier or is otherwise connected with this promotion is a winner they will need to inform the promoter of this fact at the point that they claim their prize (defined below).
8. Facebook and Twitter are independent social media platforms, and are not affiliated in any way to the Promoter. Entrants may familiarise themselves with Facebook’s Terms of Service here, Twitter’s Terms of Service here.
9. On Twitter, the Promoter discourages the creation of multiple accounts to enter the competition. If any evidence of fake accounts is found, the account in question will be ineligible to enter. For more information on Twitter rules please visit: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules.
10. If the entrant deletes their content prior to the relevant closing date, then the submission will not be included in the promotion and will not be eligible to win. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries received after the relevant closing date.
11. The winner will be selected by Smart Home Week. Only one winner will be chosen from entries on Smart Home Week Facebook and Twitter.
12. The winner will be contacted by the promoter via a comment on their entry on Facebook or Twitter. The comment will prompt them to private/direct message the promoter on the relevant channel (Facebook or Twitter – whichever the entrant used to make their entry) which they must do so in order to finalise and confirm their win.
13. A winner must communicate with the promoter via private message or direct message (according to the channel on which they made their entry) within 72 hours of being informed that they have won a prize, and provide sufficient details to enable the promoter to arrange to deliver the prize to them. In the event that a winner does not, within 72 hours of being informed that they are a winner, provide sufficient details to enable the promoter to arrange delivery, the promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner for that prize from all other proper and valid entries that were received for promotion. Failure to claim the prize by the time or in the manner specified will make any claim to the prize invalid.
14. The name of the winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Edson Evers, The Hollies, 120 Newport Road, Stafford, Staffs, ST16 1ET. Entrants are agreeing to have this information supplied to those who request it as part of the terms of entry.
15. A suitable time, date and delivery method for the prize will be agreed with the winners. The promoter cannot be held responsible for failure to deliver as a result of industrial action or other circumstances beyond its control. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize(s) with a prize of equivalent value. Accepting the prize may give rise to a tax liability which will be each winner’s responsibility.
16. It is a condition of entry that the winner cooperate fully for publicity purposes if so required. By entering the promotion, the winner agrees for their details (publicly available on their social media channels) to be included in future publicity material if required. No data will be stored or process by the promoter. Any data received that is necessary for the delivery of the prize will be purged from the promoter’s systems once it has been used to fulfil delivery.
17. The promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose this promotion without prior notice in the event that unforeseen circumstances make this unavoidable. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or select an alternative winner in the event the promoter believes that any entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
18. The promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the stated prize become unavailable.
19. The promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting a prize.
20. The promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. English law applies, and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts shall prevail.
22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter, and each entrant confirms that by entering this promotion they are releasing Facebook and/or Twitter from any liabilities associated with the promotion.